For many years, most corporate phone systems were powered by on-premise PBX hardware.
For many years, the PBX (Private Branch Exchange) has been the central nervous system of telephone communications within an organization. What began as a switchboard manually operated by human beings evolved into a self-controlled, though bulky, piece of equipment that could be stored in a spare room.
Legacy PBX systems once provided key advantages, but those benefits are now outweighed by major cost drawbacks and severely limited functionality. Traditional PBX hardware is inflexible and lacks the scalability to adapt to the ebb and flow of business. It hinders true mobile device integration and the seamless connectivity of remote workers and multiple locations. Additionally, onsite hardware requires a significant upfront investment that is expensive to maintain. Simply put, on-premise PBX phone systems are cost-prohibitive and impede even the most basic forms of modern communication.
Technology has since progressed so that the equipment no longer needs to be on your organization’s premises, nor even be owned by your organization. Much like “cloud computing” and “cloud storage”, the virtual PBX transformed telephony hardware into a Software as a Service.
System reliability and basic features of virtual PBXs have grown more consistent among major providers as the industry has matured, leaving advanced features and price as the next areas for advancement. At ByPhone, incorporating new technologies has always been a focus of our business service offering, and recently, we announced our entry into the free virtual PBX space
As an early innovator of cloud communications, ByPhone saw a new way to revolutionize business PBX using the power of the cloud. We developed offers around virtual PBX (also known as cloud, hosted, or IP PBX) solution, which has all of the benefits of traditional PBX—voice, fax, voicemail, extensions, conferencing, paging, intercom calling, etc.—without the expense and limitations of hardware such as trunks and switches.
Benefits of virtual PBX
Maximize uptime and safeguard your data.
- On-premise PBX systems do offer some measure of security, since they are physically controlled by a specialized IT team or service business vendors. However, it is precisely this environment that leaves your phone PBX vulnerable to a security breach or natural disaster. A virtual PBX eliminates these threats.
- ByPhone.eu’s cloud PBX is housed in bi-coastal, Tier 1 data centers and features multiple layers of redundancy, failover technology, physical and biometric security, encryption, system hardening, and 24/7 monitoring. With ByPhone.eu , your valuable company data and communications are protected by enterprise-grade security.
- Ensure business continuity during emergencies or disruptions. In the event of a power outage, inclement weather, or a major disaster in your area, your operations can continue without interruption. With the ByPhone.eu , employees can call, fax, text, and host conference calls and online meetings using their smartphones or tablets. Even if internet service is unavailable or of low quality, the mobile app can use cellular voice and data networks.
- Maximize uptime and quality of service (QoS) for your phone PBX with carrier-grade reliability . What does “carrier-grade reliability” really mean? ByPhone.eu ‘s operations are co-located in world-class data centers with all of the major telecom companies, so response times and interconnect services are the same as those provided by the titans of telecommunications.
Lower overall costs and increase ROI.
- Eliminating on-premise PBX hardware reduces initial capex as well as the long-term, hidden costs of maintenance and expansion. With
ByPhone.eu ’s business PBX, you don’t have to shoulder the burden of hardware upgrades and upkeep. Your state-of-the art cloud communications system is continually updated to deliver the latest in communications technologies.
- The simplicity of cloud PBX means there are no “sunk costs,” so you’re spared the expense of specialized IT staff or outside vendors. Legacy systems require onsite support for everything from troubleshooting to adding new extensions, and manufacturer-specific training is required to service these devices. With ByPhone.eu , you can manage the entire system online—no obscure certifications required.
- ByPhone.eu Office is simple to use and easy to manage. Each user can modify powerful features such as call handling, voicemail, greetings, and much more without IT assistance—so they (and the IT team) can be more productive.
- Avoid convoluted billing. Choose a single provider for all your business communications, and receive one bill for all users, locations, and features. VoIP system, mobile minutes, fax, text, voicemail, conferencing, online meetings, the virtual receptionist, and desktop and mobile apps—everything is included in one low, monthly cost.
Connect multiple locations and mobile and remote workers.
- Unite geographically dispersed locations, in-office staff, and remote workers into a single, seamless communications system. Employees in Russia can text or fax their colleagues in New-York. The team in the UK can have online meetings with their US counterparts. ByPhone.eu Office bridges distance, enabling collaboration among teams situated around the world.
- An IP PBX allows for complete integration of mobile devices. With the ByPhone.eu mobile app, smartphones and tablets are integrated and have all the functionality of a business phones service’s system: voice, text, fax, conferencing, online meetings, and access to the corporate directory. Users make and receive phone calls and texts using their extensions or direct numbers, and they can use company-issued or personal mobile devices, ideal for BYOD initiatives.
- Employees can make and receive phone calls using the main business number or their direct line, regardless of which device they use: a desk phone, a personal or corporate smartphone, desktop, their home telephone, or even a hotel phone.
Choose a solution that can flexibly adapt and scale to business needs.
- Get new phone numbers, locations, phone lines, and extensions up and running the same day. With the ByPhone.eu apps, your cloud business PBX doesn’t require hardware like the old systems, so you don’t have to wait for equipment to be shipped and installed before you can start working.
- From the admin portal, you’re able to add permanent or temporary employees, and purchase devices to the system immediately and change group or individual user settings just as quickly. Spend less time on admin tasks and focus on mission-critical ones.
- Accommodating sales staff who are always on the go or people who work at client sites or from home offices is smart business. Unlike traditional PBX systems, ByPhone.eu Office provides your employees with the freedom and the flexibility to work more efficiently, no matter where they are. When people are empowered to work where and how they choose, their productivity increases—and so does your company’s bottom line.